Memorial Park, Cupertino
In Cupertino, Free Shakespeare in the Park is performed at Memorial Park Amphitheater, at the corner of Stevens Creek Blvd and Mary Avenue. The amphitheater is located near the playground.
The address for the park is:
Cupertino Memorial Park
21121 Stevens Creek Blvd
The address for the amphitheater is:
Memorial Park Amphitheater
21163 Anton Way, Cupertino
Get custom directions to Memorial Park.
Please note, parking in the area is limited.
Some options include:
- the lot off of Mary Avenue (near the Senior Center)
- the Quinlan Center lot at N Stelling Road & Alves Drive
- the lot off of Alves Drive
- Street parking on Alves Drive
(See purple areas on map)
parking on Anton Way as well as the residential area bounded by Anton, N Stelling, Alves, and Patriot is prohibited and you are liable to ticket and tow.
Access and seating
- For 2021, performances begin at 4:00 pm and are approximately 90 minutes long. There is no intermission.
- A brief recap of Episodes 1-3 precedes the start of Episode 4.
- The park is open all day long.
- Seating is first come, first served. Please do not attend if you’re not feeling well or are running a fever.
- Aisles and walkways will be marked. These spaces must be kept clear at all times.
- All shows are free to the public. No tickets or reservations are required.
- If you arrive late take care not to walk in front of the stage. Be prepared to sit where you can find space.
- All unattended personal items, including bags, blankets, and ground covers may be removed when the show begins.
- To ensure visibility for all patrons, umbrellas, tents and large shade structures are not allowed.
- Lawn chairs are welcome. Signage will designate the areas for tall chairs and short chairs.
- The space is accessible for wheelchairs users. There are paved paths in the park.
What To Bring
- There are only a few areas with shade in the park. Use sunscreen and remember to stay hydrated. Check the weather report.
- Blankets and ground covers are highly recommended.
- To ensure visibility for all patrons, tents, umbrellas, tall or large tables, and shade structures are not permitted.
- Strollers are allowed, provided they are folded down during the performance and not blocking walkways or in the aisles.
Drinking fountains are located near the restrooms.
The park’s restrooms are located immediately behind the amphitheater. Portable toilets will also be on site.
Trash, Compost & Recycling
Trash, compost and recycling containers are located throughout the park. Please dispose of your trash. Pack out what you pack in!
Lost & Found
- Lost and found items are stored at the Information Table.
- After the performance, call the offices for San Francisco Shakespeare Festival at 415.558.0888.
- Please be aware of personal items. The Festival cannot assume responsibility for lost or stolen items.
For any medical concerns, please visit the Information Table and Concessions located near the stage. Staff members will be in Staff t-shirts and can offer assistance.
The safety and comfort of our patrons is very important. If you have a concern or witness unsafe activities, please speak with staff.
Information Table and Concessions
- For questions and general information about SF Shakes, stop by the Information Table near the stage. Our staff will be happy to assist you.
- A Hospitality Manager is always on-site and can assist with a variety of questions and concerns about your experience or other SF Shakes programs.
- A performance at Memorial Park can start out warm and get chilly. We recommend wearing layers! There are only a few areas with shade in the park. Use sunscreen in all weather, and remember to stay hydrated! Check the
- The sun may be intense. We advise bringing sunglasses, visors, and hats.
In the event of an emergency, please follow instructions from the Hospitality Manager or any announcements from stage.
Services for Senior and Handicapped Patrons
A limited number
of handicapped permit parking spaces are available in the park. However, they are a short distance from the amphitheater.
- While there is only limited designated ADA seating, we are happy to accommodate patrons to the best of our ability. If you get to the park and need assistance, please see the Hospitality Manager or a staff member.