Theatre-based learning opportunities for underserved communities.
Midnight Shakespeare teams inner-city youth and professional theater instructors to create a wonderful alternative learning opportunity.
Students in 10 to 12-week programs examine the world of Shakespeare, and perform an abridged Shakespeare play using their own life experiences to create fully developed characters.
Midnight Shakespeare in Spring 2018
- Meets: Fridays 9:45 am - 2:30 pm
- Performance date: March 29, 2018 at 7:00 pm at the Lakeside Park Garden Center (666 Bellevue Ave, Oakland).
This is our nineteenth year of theater training with the creative and hardworking young adults at Civicorps. Their achievements continue to be a source of pride and inspiration!
|This activity is supported in part by the California Arts Council, a state agency, and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency.|
Midnight Shakespeare is provided free of charge to the participants. We depend on the financial support of our community to pay for the program. Your donation today will:
• Make the power and emotion of Shakespeare's words and themes accessible to at-risk and economically disadvantaged youth who would not otherwise be exposed to the transforming power of the performing arts.
• Give youth important communications and social skills to increase their confidence, tolerance, and self-esteem.
• Empower and encourage youth to realize their full potential and to improve their life.
• Support our mission to make the works and themes of Shakespeare accessible to all, regardless of their ethnicity, age, financial status or level of education.
If you or your organization would like more information about Midnight Shakespeare, please call (415) 558-0888 or send email inquiry.