Theatre-based learning opportunities for underserved communities.
Midnight Shakespeare teams inner-city youth and professional theater instructors to create a wonderful alternative learning opportunity.
Students in 10 to 12-week programs examine the world of Shakespeare, and perform an abridged Shakespeare play using their own life experiences to create fully developed characters.
Midnight Shakespeare Sites (2017 Coming Soon)
Civicorps Schools (2017 Dates Coming Soon)
- Meets: Tuesdays & Thursdays 4:00 - 7:00 pm, Fridays 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Performance: Cymbeline Remix, based on William Shakepseare's Cymbeline
- Performance dates: April 6, 2017 at 7:00 pm, and April 7 during the Civicorps Gala, 5:30-8pm (1425 5th Street, Oakland).
This is our eighteenth year of theater training with the creative and hardworking young adults at Civicorps. Their achievements continue to be a source of pride and inspiration!
Park Middle School
1 Spartan Way, Antioch
- Meets: January 31st - April 6th, 2017, Tuesdays and Thursdays 3-6pm
- Performances: Twelfth Night and Hamlet
- Performance date: April 6th, 2017 at 6:00 pm in the multi-purpose room at Park Middle School.
|This activity is supported in part by the California Arts Council, a state agency, and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency.|
Midnight Shakespeare is provided free of charge to the participants. We depend on the financial support of our community to pay for the program. Your donation today will:
• Make the power and emotion of Shakespeare's words and themes accessible to at-risk and economically disadvantaged youth who would not otherwise be exposed to the transforming power of the performing arts.
• Give youth important communications and social skills to increase their confidence, tolerance, and self-esteem.
• Empower and encourage youth to realize their full potential and to improve their life.
• Support our mission to make the works and themes of Shakespeare accessible to all, regardless of their ethnicity, age, financial status or level of education.
If you or your organization would like more information about Midnight Shakespeare, please call (415) 558-0888 or send email inquiry.